Ring of Fire 32 : Respect

Mike_Nickels_VS_Vladimir_Vu.jpg
Ultimate Fighting Championship veterans Mike Nickels and Luke Caudillo, along with Ultimate Fighter alumnus Noah Thomas return to action on Friday night in Denver as the trio head up Ring of Fire 32 “Respect.” The event takes place at the Broomfield Event Center – where the UFC recently held one of its most successful UFC Fight Night’s ever – which has been home to the Colorado-based Ring of Fire for its past five events.

Nickels returns in the main event, having lost his last time out to Stephan Bonnar at UFC 73 in July of 2007. He faces tough European striker Vladimir Vuckovic, who is also an accomplished boxer in addition to his successes in mixed martial arts.

“I have been competing in sports all my life and have been boxing since I was 15. I was also in the military Guard, so I know I have what it take to face an opponent like Nickels,” said Vuckovic. “I know he has good ground, but I do too. I have been training wrestling and BJJ since 2003 so I am not concerned if the fight goes to the mat. But what I am the strongest at is punching. I want to meet him in the middle of the cage and go to war.”

“I know he says he wants to stand and bang with me, but that is easy to say before the fight,” responded Nickels. “Let's see what happens when we get in the cage. It has been a while since I have fought, but I haven't stopped training. And I have really picked it up for this fight.”

One feature bout pits Ultimate Fighters 5 fighter Noah Thomas in a grudge match with another local favorite in Brett Roller. These two have a history that goes back to when they were on the same wrestling team in high school, but weren’t exactly the best of teammates.

Following a big victory over UFC veteran Junior Assuncao at the recent American Fight League event in Atlanta, Torrance Taylor returns to action a mere two weeks later looking to add another UFC veteran to his resume. His opponent, Luke Caudillo, wants to get back on track after dropping two straight in his unsuccessful UFC campaign.

In a 135-pound women’s feature bout, local standout Cat Albert looks to continue her streak towards the national promotions that are rapidly beginning to add women’s divisions as she faces Xtreme Couture fighter Karina Taylor.

MAIN EVENT: 205 lbs
Mike Nickels vs. Vladimir Vuckovic

FEATURE BOUT: 145 lbs
Noah Thomas vs. Brett Roller

FEATURE BOUT: 155 lbs
Luke Caudillo vs. Torrance Taylor

FEATURE BOUT: 135 lbs
Cat Albert vs. Karina Taylor

ROF YOUNG GUNS TITLE: 170 lbs
Brandon Thatch vs. Mike Crisman

FEATURE BOUT: 163 lbs
Max Smith vs. Justin Salas

ROF YOUNG GUNS TITLE: 185 lbs
Kenneth Seegrist vs. Ian Berg

PRELIM BOUT: 145 lbs
Brain Wood vs. Miguel Martinez

PRELIM BOUT: 205 lbs
Cody Donovan vs. Weston Duschen

PRELIM BOUT: 225+ lbs
Brendan Schaub vs. Jay Lester

PRELIM BOUT: 135 lbs
Sean Doherty vs. Dominc Blanco

0 comments:

Sports Find Blogs in the Blog Directory Privacy Policy