My Picks for UFC 79 Nemesis

Main Card Bouts :
-Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Hughes
I am going with GSP via TKO. I feel that GSP is too dynamic for Hughes. GSP excels
when he feels that he has something to prove. A second destruction of Hughes would
prove alot. Vote: GSP via KO/TKO/etc.

-Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva
This is probably the hardest bout for me to pick. Either guy could win, but seeing as how
I am a Wanderlei fan he gets my vote. I doubt I will sit down the entire fight. Does anybody
else get jittery when one of your favorite fighters steps into the ring against a guy that can
tko him? Vote: Wand via tko

-Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Lyoto Machida
I know that everyone says that Sokoudjou still has not proven his worth. They may even
go as far as to point out the similar rise to fame of Alexander Houston, but I believe that if Rameau can overwhelm Lyoto and take the fight to Lyoto...not the other way around that he
can catch Machida with a "One-hitter-quitter" Vote: Soko via tko

-Melvin Guillard vs. Rich Clementi
I am a Melvin Guillard fan.....cocaine addict or not. (Don't use drugs). He has so much potential he just has to focus and develop some submission defense. Vote: Guillard via tko

-Eddie Sanchez vs. Soa Palelei

I'll admit I have only seen one of Soa's fights, a Pride fight, but he appears to be a
knockout artist. Everyone remembers Eddie Sanchez for the mile he ran when fighting
CroCop, but to me this fight is a toss up. For the most part both guys are equally matched.
Vote: Palelei via Split decision

Who do you guys believe will win and via ?

Preliminary Bouts :
-Dean Lister vs. Jordan Radev
-Manny Gamburyan vs. Nate Mohr
-James Irvin vs. Luis Cane
-Roan Carneiro vs. Tony DeSouza
-Mark Bocek vs. Doug Evans

2 comments:

mattymc said...

Atleast you picked GSP.... The others choisec were not so good eh?

onslaught82 said...

Yeah I should know better than to pick fights in mma, or at least see what Randy is picking first!

Sports Find Blogs in the Blog Directory Privacy Policy